Are you a resident of the municipality of The Hague and do you have a diesel car or a moped or moped? Then, if you have it demolished, you may qualify for a subsidy from the municipality in the form of a mobility credit in combination with a Dumoco mobility card. With this mobility card you can use a cleaner form of transport: public transport, the public transport bicycle or the shared car of Greenwheels. In this way, the municipality wants to stimulate cleaner mobility in the city.
What does the scrapping scheme entail?
The rules of the game are simple. If you plan to have your car or moped demolished, you can apply to the municipality of The Hague via the link at the bottom of the page. The municipality then decides whether you qualify for the subsidy. You can then convert this subsidy into mobility credit.
- Public transport and public transport bicycle
How much mobility credit will I receive?
The mobility credit for an old diesel car (passenger or delivery van) is €1,000.
Demolition of a moped or light moped results in a credit of €400.*
* Do you have a valid Ooievaarspas? In that case you will receive a one-time credit of € 750 for a demolished moped or light moped. When applying for a subsidy, the municipality will check your pass for validity. If the pass is not valid, the amount of credit you will receive is €400. Don’t have an Ooievaarspas yet, but do you want to make use of the scrapping scheme? Then first apply for an Ooievaarspas. Applying for an Ooievaarspas takes about 8 weeks. Check here whether you are eligible for an Ooievaarspas.
It is no longer possible to sign up for The Hague Scrapping Scheme 2020.
Terms and conditions for scrapping scheme 2020
- The municipality will process your application for a credit if you have had your car, moped or light moped demolished. Check in advance whether you meet all the conditions. You can use the checklist below for this. If you meet all these conditions, there is no reason to reject your application.
- Your vehicle has been registered in your name since 10 October 2019.
- You have been registered with the municipality of The Hague since 10 October 2019. Or in the case of a legal person: the company has been registered in the register of the Chamber of Commerce (KvK) The Hague since 10 October 2019.
- In the case of a car: it is a diesel vehicle.
- In the case of a moped and moped: it concerns a vehicle with a petrol engine.
- Ooievaarspas holders: you have a valid Ooievaarspas from The Hague.
- Your vehicle does not have a WOK status (‘waiting for inspection’; usually after a major collision).
- Your vehicle was scrapped after January 31, 2020.
- You submit a disassembly statement with the application.
- The disassembly statement is not older than 2 months upon application.
- You have not previously received a subsidy through the 2020 Scrapping Scheme.
- If this is your 1st subsidy application as a legal person with the municipality of The Hague: you must submit a copy of the Chamber of Commerce registration.
- The vehicle is not included in the company stock.
- We only provide mobility credit via a Dumoco Mobility Card. It is not possible to load your own subscription on the Dumoco OV-chipkaart or to have the balance deposited on your own OV-chipkaart.
The full text of the subsidy scheme for dismantling diesel vehicles, mopeds and mopeds in The Hague can be found here. Read the texts before scrapping your vehicle.
Please refer to the privacy statement
Want to know more about this project?
Contact Dumoco customer service on 088 – 9343406.