In collaboration with De Verkeersonderneming and the municipality of Schiedam, residents of the Schiedam-West and South districts were able to take up the challenge of leaving their own car for two months in exchange for a mobility credit of € 200 per month.
Participants in the Trial Offer could experience in a low-threshold manner how the use of shared mobility and public transport fits within their mobility needs. The mobility credit could be used to try out partial mobility.
- Public transport and public transport bicycle
- Shared car supplier Juuve
- Shared bike supplier Donkey Republic
- Shared scooter supplier Felyx
- Participants were able to try out partial mobility for 2 months and start at different intake moments
- Participants paid over budget themselves
- Participants took part in a 0-measurement at the start of participation, a final measurement after participation and a post-measurement 2 months after participation.
- 85% of the participants experienced the introduction to shared mobility as positive
- 35% of the participants indicated afterwards that they regularly use shared mobility, where they previously did not or hardly used it;
- 12% of the participants sold their own car after getting acquainted with shared mobility
Insights and learning points:
- Visibility and recognisability of shared mobility at fixed locations in the neighborhood are crucial for the project to be successful;
- Personal guidance is very important to make participants enthusiastic about shared mobility.
Find out more about this project?
Contact project manager Christiaan van Veen on 088 – 9343406.